Developing the Pedagogical Role of the TA
Teaching Assistants make up a quarter of the education workforce in England, costing £2.2 billion annually (audit commission 2011). They frequently work with the most challenging children in the class, yet they receive the least training.
Developing the Pedagogical Role of the Teaching Assistant draws on recent findings by the Education Endowment Foundation. It aims to build on the recommendations to maximise the impact of teaching assistants and to recognise and develop their professional standards.
Friday 5th May: Twilight Session (4-5pm) with Primary Class Teacher
- Session 1 Fri 12th May – The role of the teaching assistant and its implications on children’s learning.
- Session 2 Fri 19th May – Recognise where children are in their learning and to focus on process success.
- Session 3 Fri 26th May – Dialogical conversation.
- Session 4 Fri 9th Jun – Different questioning style to develop children’s independent learning.
- Session 5 Fri 16th Jun – Formative and summative assessments.
- Session 6 Fri 23rd Jun – High quality interventions.
- Session 7 Fri 30th Jun – Behaviour Management
All sessions 1-3:30pm
Venue: The Marist Schools, Kings Road, Sunninghill, Berks. SL5 7PS
Cost: £295.00 + £100 accreditation (This includes 1 year membership to ILM)
Max 15 places – Closing date Wednesday 26th April 2017
Contact: 01344 622840 / Encompass@stfrancisprimary.org