Developing the Pedagogical Role of the TA – Cohort 4 starting 24th April!
Teaching Assistants make up a quarter of the education workforce in England, costing £2.2 billion annually (audit commission 2011). They frequently work with the most challenging children in the class, yet they receive the least training.
Developing the Pedagogical Role of the Teaching Assistant draws on recent findings by the Education Endowment Foundation. It aims to build on the recommendations to maximise the impact of teaching assistants and to recognise and develop their professional standards.
“I found the course extremely useful and informative. I have picked up ideas on how to manage a child’s learning better, what works and doesn’t. Also realise how important a TA is to the overall development of children” – Delegate, Cohort 2
Tuesday 24th April 2018: Twilight Session (4-5pm) with Primary Class Teacher ONLY
- Session 1 Weds. 2nd May – The role of the teaching assistant and its implications on children’s learning.
- Session 2 Weds. 9th May – Recognise where children are in their learning and to focus on process success.
- Session 3 Weds. 16th May – Dialogical conversation.
- Session 4 Weds. 23rd May – Different questioning style to develop children’s independent learning.
- Session 5 Weds. 13th Jun – Formative and summative assessments.
- Session 6 Weds. 27th Jun – High quality interventions.
- Session 7 Weds. 4th Jul – Behaviour Management.
All sessions 1-3:00pm
Venue: St. Francis Catholic Primary School, Coronation Road, Ascot, Berkshire SL5 9HG
Max 15 places – Closing date Friday 20th April 2018
Contact: 01344 622840 / Encompass@stfrancisprimary.org