THE POWER of COACHING
A programme to empower school leaders to empower others.
“Coaching unlocks people’s capacity and potential like no other leadership tool and it maximises their performance and motivation levels. You cannot undervalue it any longer!” – John Whitmore
Designed for middle and senior leaders, our practical programme is built on the success of our existing leadership and coaching programmes (see participant feedback below). It consists of 4 half days, beginning in December 2017 and finishing in July 2018.
Our programme is aimed at leaders who are committed to extending their effectiveness and to making a real and sustained difference in their schools. We will develop and refine their skills and qualities in coaching and their understanding of how the process can transform their school.
The course is led by Tim Tatham in partnership with Encompass Learning Alliance.
- 4 half day face 2 face sessions (1:30pm-4:30pm)
- Practical, interactive approach to our face 2 face sessions
- School based activities between sessions
- Sessions designed to provide practical activities focusses on (a) developing coaching skills and (b) workplace application of those skills
- Opportunity for coaching trios/pairs
- Self-evaluation thread running through the programme
- Maximum of 15 participants/cohort
- Strategies for establishing the coaching relationship
- Coaching skills, tools, strategies and models
- Understanding communication; questioning and listening skills
- Maximising emotional intelligence, developing resilience
- Overcoming resistance to coaching
- Developing a coaching culture
Feedback from 2016/17 participants and coaches:
- It’s been a very empowering experience for me – it’s given me confidence in my ability to coach and it has enabled me to extend my impact further than I might have imagined.
- I loved the opportunity to develop my skills in a practical, safe and encouraging environment – everybody should have this chance.
- This has helped me understand how I can really utilise my coaching skills to maximise my roles a senior leader.
- With a very practical approach, the programme enabled me to learn so much about myself and about how best to motivate and empower my colleagues.
- It was so rewarding to watch our leader grow in her influence and impact across the school through the skills she has developed. I’m going on the course as soon as I can! (Head Teacher/Coach)
Venue: St. Francis Catholic Primary School, Coronation Roaad, Ascot, Berkshire SL5 0NQ
Cost: £350 per delegate